This tutorial will show how to write a ''Hello Server'' application using ''React'' and ''Vaandroid''
Writing the application in React allows:
- Use a well-known language
- Fast clients-side performance
- Easy client-side testing
- Easy CSS styling
Server Side Benefits
- Leverage the Vaandroid API (security, storage, preferences, etc)
- Push data from the server
- Realtime connectivity with other devices
- The user will be presented with a caption, text box, and button.
- Pressing the button will send the text box contents to the server.
- The server will respond to the message by updating the caption.
Create the React template.
This template pulls down the required libraries from CDN, and renders a component in a target div. Our source code is written in JSX and is rendered on-the-fly in the client browser.