This document will combine suggestions from blog posts, with the goal of outlining a new product with purpose of creating a new web application that integrates various online software development tools. Integration will combine information from various sources, while adding new features not available on those sources, and providing a consolidated method for adding, updating, and replying to comments.
Sources -> The various applications that are integrated into the application
Solution -> The new product that integrates sources and adds new functionality
Plugins vs New Application
Uses Of Whiteboard
- Enter all bug ids and gerrit links to wrap
- Compose response on solution, and it is posted on source
Ideas and Issues
- Create Interface For Code Review (instead of hard-coding against Gerrit)
- Create Interface For Bug Tracking (instead of hard-coding against Bugzilla)
- Entered comments and responses filed on solution will be dispatched to correct product
- Whiteboards for group editing of common information
- Combine multiple bugs and code reviews
- Filter entries
- Show entries in tree
- Single submission to create patch, and link to existing bug or create
- Parse GIT commit notes for link information
- hints in bugs and review comments
- Make this a WordPress Plugin?
- Publish plain text version, with link to formatted text version.
- Avoid duplicate information on source.
- Subtopic chat room
- Create a Bug at the same time I push code for review, reference the BugId in the commit message, and put a link to the patch in Bugzilla.
- Summary reports for comments
- Filter out Hudson comments
- Mixed documentation in Gerrit and in Bugzilla (wim)
- The number of emails Gerrit sends drives me crazy (wim)
- No reference to the commit can be found in Gerrit after publishing (wim)
- A merge in Gerrit should update the related Bug report with the commit (lars)