The scribble strips on the Behringer X32 are an amazing feature. Unfortunately, editing their contents on the device is not easy without a keyboard. Furthermore, the various layers restrict the user from seeing all settings at a glance.
The X32 will allow up to 4 clients to subscribe to real-time control changes. This application will register as one of them. Changes on either the X32, the X32-Scribbler, or other controller will be synchronized.
- Control and view real-time parameters
- OSC Sniffer shows all messages sent from the X32
- OSC Terminal allows OSC commands to be sent
- Change Fonts
- Edit multiple values at once (mute, fader, disable, clear)
- Drag and drop parts to customize window
You can currently adjust and view the following parameters
- You must have Java 7 (32 bit) or later installed.
- This application has been tested with Mac OSX (10.8), Windows 7, and Ubuntu Linux (12.04 and 13.04)
- Unzip the application folder
- Launch the application, type your X32 network address in the toolbar, then press enter.
- There are currently issues with the X32 when requesting many values at once, so if a ‘?’ still appears in a field, press refresh on the toolbar. (X32 Version 2.01 seems to not have this problem)
- The application is written using the Eclipse e4 application framework. You can drag any view to any postion in the window, stack them, or even drag them out of the main window. Each view can be minimized or maximized by pressing the icon or double clicking the title.
- The fader level should be set as an integer between 0 and 100. Entering text other than these values will result in unexpected behavior.
- Launch the application with CAPS_LOCK on to reset the configuration after updating software from the help menu. Otherwise you might not see new changes to the interface.
I am unable to release the source for this project until I separate the X32 code from my company’s non-open source libraries, so until that time, please enjoy one of the platform builds I am posting.
- Use the Update Software command to update to the latest version, or download a fresh copy.
- IMPORTANT: To get the latest features, you should start the application with <CAPS-LOCK> on to reset your workbench. You only have to do this once after each update.
- IMPORTANT: Some users have reported a freeze after the auto update restart, and had to force quit and relaunch.
- bug and stability fixes
- error and usage reporting
- Added an X32 Status part to display version, console type, and last message received
- Added a menu item to open the X32 Status part
- Added a state to indicate the address has been partially changed, but not committed. This happens when the control still has the focus and <enter> is not pressed.
- Pressing <escape> while on a table will cancel editing and deselect the row.
- Tested and fully compatible with version X32 2.01
- Added a tool bar control to turn off x-remote
- Option to launch the application with CAPS_LOCK on to reset the configuration after updating software.
- added OSC Terminal part
- clearPersistedState after an update to pull in fragment updates
- removed clearPersistedState from .ini to retain layout
- blob size support in OSC terminal
- pan and link support